Promoting Peace & Justice (PPJ) Jhalokathi
Aparajeyo-Bangladesh (AB) is local partner of Promoting Peace and Justice (PPJ), Dhaka. The PPJ project is funded by U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by Democracy International (DI). AB to activate and support Legal Aid Committees at the Dhaka District, there are four 4 Upazilas namely (i) Savar, (ii) Dhamrai, (iii) Nawabganj and (iv) Keraniganj) and fifty-four (54) Union Parishad Levels and Jamalpur District there are Six 6 Upazilas namely (i) Madarganj , (ii) Bakshiganj (iii) Islampur (iv) Melendah (v) Jamalpur Sadar and (vi) Sarishabari and sixty 60 Union Parishad Levels and Jhalokathi District there are four 4 Upazilas namely (i) Jhalokathi Sadar, (ii) Rajapur, (iii) Kathalia and (iv) Nalchity and thirty two 32 Union Parishad Levels increase the visibility public awareness and community acceptance of Government legal aid service and use of the formal justice system resolve disputes and protect legal rights.
- Enhance the capability of justice agencies to ensure justice for vulnerable groups and provide fare and effective service through communication, coordination and cooperation.
- Increase awareness of legal rights to access legal aid service to the poor, women, children, religious and ethnic minorities and other marginalized group as well as the
acceptance of the use of the formal justice system among communities.
Result, output and outcomes and Impact:
The Proposed project will achieve following result through implementing different activities in the field level at Dhaka district.
- Justice providers are accountable and provide fare and effective service.
- DLAC, UZLAC & UPLAC are active & functional and Role & function of DLAC, UZLAC & UPLAC are defined through coordination mechanism of different committees.
- People are aware about DLAC services and Legal aid services are available.
- Relevant duty bearers provides fair and effective services to the justice system reducing the dominance of touts and biased in formal justice system.
- Marginalized especially women are protected, safe & secure and promoted through increased understanding of their rights and effective access to justice through legal aid service.
- The target group become aware and self-sufficient in receiving legal services such as receive the legal services to which they are entitled.
- Most marginalized especially women are protected through increased understanding of their rights and effective access to justice through legal aid service.
- Increased awareness of Legal rights of the targeted community to receive aid service.
- Relevant duty bearers are accountable to provide fare and effective services in the justice system and a well coordination mechanism is established among DLAC, UZLAC and UPLAC.
- The target communities are protected through increased understanding of their rights and aware in receiving effective legal aid service.
Access to effective and accountable legal aid service among the poor, women, children, religious/ethnic minorities and other marginalized groups improved.